Since 2002, Joseph has worked within both mainstream and special schools as a school counsellor. He regularly presents training and professional development to teachers as well as information seminars for parents. Joseph is also available for consultation about all aspects to do with student mental health and wellbeing:
Professional development for teachers:
- Youth Mental Health First Aid (2 day training);
- Managing mood disorders in the classroom;
- Managing anxiety in the classroom;
- Managing students at risk of self-harm: tips for teachers;
- An introduction to counselling: skills for teachers;
- Simple strategies for classroom behaviour management;
- Understanding a child’s needs in the primary classroom – emotional regulation, relationships and reinforcement;
- Attachment theory: a deeper understanding of the dynamics of the teacher:student relationship;
- Social Media, technology and other cyber issues in 2013: Current information for teachers and parents.
If there are other specific topics that you would like Joseph to present at your school, please contact him directly to discuss this further.
Seminars for parents:
Joseph has extensive experience running parenting programs and information seminars within schools. In 2007 Joseph, along with Chirstine Langridge, co-authored Parenting in Practice, a short, practical book for parents of teenagers. It has sold over 6000 copies, and is available from the John Berne School.
Some examples of parent seminars Joseph has run:
- Brainy parenting: Supporting your child’s social and emotional development in the preschool and early primary years.
- Daily Dilemmas in raising Pre-schoolers
- Parenting teens: practical tips and strategies for everyday parents.
- Teenagers: where did my little kid go? An exploration of adolescent development
Joseph is also an accredited facilitator of 1-2-3 Magic and Emotion Coaching, and is available to present this program over 3 sessions to your school community.
Joseph is also happy to write a parenting seminar to suit the needs of parents in your school community. Please contact Joseph to discuss further.
For fees associated with these services, please enquire directly with Joseph.