1-2-3 Magic is a highly acclaimed evidenced based parenting program for parents of children aged 2-12.
Next 1-2-3 Magic Parent Group:
No dates set at the moment. Please contact Joseph if you would like to organise a presentation for your organisation.
Program content and components:
The three sessions of the program cover the following topics:
- How to increase children’s ability to self manage and self regulate, and to provide parents skills to take action in difficult-to-manage parenting situations;
- Contemporary thinking in child development with a particular emphasis on the differences between an adult and a child’s brain;
- Clear thinking strategies for helping parents to plan how to respond to different types of behaviour;
- You will learn about some of the common mistakes parents make;
- How patterns form in families and relationships – how negative reinforcement works, the characteristics of patterns, the parent as a participant in these patterns, and how to interrupt and change negative patterns of behaviour;
- How to remain flexible as parents and carers – knowing how to avoid getting hooked into power struggles, and how to manage your own emotions before things get out of hand;
- The 1-2-3 Magic technique: what it’s used for, how it’s done properly, how to implement it at home, how to avoid the two biggest mistakes of parenting;
- Develop your child’s skills in emotional regulation: response flexibility in the brain: emotion coaching, cognitive strategies parents can teach children to manage their feelings;
- Tactics to help kids start doing certain behaviours (brushing teeth, doing homework and so on);
- Learn how to strengthen your relationship with your child.
If you would like to participate in a 1-2-3 Magic program run by Joseph, or invite him to your school or organisation to facilitate this program, please call him directly on 0410 549 179.